- 1 large sheet of puff pastry ( about 90g/3 oz) / (or 5 to 6 sheets of small filo pastry) 120g (4oz) raisins
- 120g (4oz) flaked almonds and pistachios, a few chopped apricots, and dates.
- 1 litre milk
- 300 ml double cream
- 90 gr (3oz) sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- COOK TIME
- SERVING SIZE
- LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
- Preheat oven to 150C degrees
- Lightly butter the puff pastry (optional).
- Place the one large sheet of puff pastry sheet on an oven tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Remove from the oven and raise the oven temperature to 240C degrees.
- Butter the baking dish.
- Crumple the pastry into a baking dish, scatter the raisins, fruit and nuts in between layers
- In a saucepan on the top of the stove bring the milk , cream and sugar to the boil.
- Pour this over the pastry. Sprinkle with cinnamon, flaked almonds, and ground pistachios.
- Place dish in oven for 20 minutes or until the top is browned.
- Serve hot.
GOES WELL WITH